Have you ever bitten into a peanut butter cookie and it’s just too rich? That’s me. I love peanut butter out of the jar or on toast, but when it comes to candy, cookies, and pies...it’s always overdone. This cookie is just right; a perfect balance of salty and sweet. It’s not too hard or soft. I didn’t do the cliche fork design either. This is a sophisticated peanut butter cookie, that needed a sophisticated new look. So I let it go au naturale in the oven.
This is a simple recipe, and totally worth the 25 minutes total of prep and baking time. I love how it doesn’t use any hard-to-find ingredients. First things first: get your butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar combined and mix until creamy.
Once that’s done, toss in everything else except the flour and chocolate chips (baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and egg); mix well. Then slowly add in the flour and combine until its just mixed. Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips.
I set up a baking sheet and lined it with parchment paper. Then, I rolled the dough into one inch balls and baked the cookies in a 350 degree ℉ oven for 15 minutes. I typically freeze cookie dough for a few minutes, but this recipe doesn’t need it. Once it’s was done baking, I lifted the parchment paper and laid it directly on my cooling rack.The cookies are pretty delicate straight out of the oven, so be careful. I tried moving one with a spatula right out of the oven and placing it on the cooling rack. That was one tasty, yet crumbled cookie. If you try this recipe, let me know how it comes out. I’d love to see pictures.
p.s. Despite how awesome I might appear online, mistakes happen. If you happen to spot one on this recipe, save your fellow cooks a disaster and let me know by using the contact form.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine in a large mixing bowl: peanut butter, butter, and brown sugar. Mix until creamy.
- Add in the baking soda, baking powder, egg, and vanilla. Continue to mix.
- Slowly add in the flour and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the 350 degree oven or until done. Cookies will still be very soft.
- Lift the parchment paper and cookies and place on a cooling rack. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Hide them from the children in your house. Eat them while hiding in the closet with freshly brewed coffee.
Check out these other recipes